Wednesday 1 January 2014

Hello & Good Bye ♥

Its the first day of the year, and a new chapter has begun! Today is a day of mixed feelings because although its a fresh start for many, I have heard the sad news about the sudden unrelated endings of 2 precious lives. One of whom, was a 27 year old man with a heart of gold, a new career in teaching ahead of him and was a lovely person to be in the company of. A very sad wake up call, and my heart goes out to the families. Hearing and feeling this news today of all days, makes me determined to live life in 2014 like every day will be the last. 

With that, I'll be bringing the valuable lessons learnt, friendships and memorable experiences from 2013 into 2014 with me. And as for people, things and experiences I choose to leave behind, I thank them for opening my eyes and helping me grow, as I move on to a new phase and appreciate the good stuff I have going on in my life.

With nearly 2,000 people from across the globe reading this blog since its humble beginnings, I'm grateful to my readers for their interest and for trusting my own instincts to start writing this blog. In truth, I never expected any interest in a blog about school teaching, bellydancing and the randomness that goes on in my life, so thank you all!! I felt the need to write and express my creativity by starting a blog, because it's something I enjoy, and will continue to do. 

So hello to 2014! Let's be thankful we have the opportunity to experience a new cycle. Life is short and truly is what you make it so think big, treat everyone with kindness (including yourself), be humble and give authenticity in all that you do. Who knows what this year will bring, but I wish you well in whatever you set your sights upon. 

I plan to follow my own advice, live the dream and make this a good year in memory of anyone who will not be here to share 2014 with us.

Happy New Year! 

Nic  

No comments:

Post a Comment